Todos los horarios son UTC

Nuevo tema Responder al tema  [ 4 mensajes ] 
Autor Mensaje
NotaPublicado: 08 May 2014, 02:24 

Hi all! I'm playing Tales Of Abyss, that a good game, gameplay, story, ... So I want to do something to my game! I want to translate that game to my language, to share for everybody can understand that game clearly. But I am newbie, I found Message.DAT , i think that file have dialogue in game (maybe wrong), but I cannot edit it, and I founded:
Código:
FPS3........\...$...........\j..f_ang1.dat......................\J..f_ang1_a.dat....................\Z..f_ang2.dat......................\:..f_ang2_a.dat....................\z..f_ang3.dat......................\...f_ang3_a.dat....................\*..f_cir.dat.......................\2..f_cir_a.dat.....................\...f_eb_ang.dat....................\...f_eb_nor.dat....................\...f_nor1.dat......................\...f_nor1_a.dat....................\...f_tri.dat.......................\"..f_tri2_a.dat....................\...f_tri_a.dat.....................\.

Can you help me extract and rebuild Message.dat! Thanks for any help!

Adjuntos:
MESSAGE.rar [4.11 KiB]
67 veces
MESSAGE.rar [4.11 KiB]
69 veces
NotaPublicado: 08 May 2014, 03:14 

Sorry! I think I'm wrong! Text locate from other! I opened .DAT by notepad++ and Edit it! After that, I saved and rebuild! But game not working. Can you help me edit .DAT file?
Imagen

Here are example file: https://www.mediafire.com/?mmcuwajarwflke8
Thanks for your quick reply! You are friendly! Thanks again!

NotaPublicado: 10 May 2014, 12:47 
Traductor
Traductor

Tales favorito: Symphonia
Destino: Partida Final
Jugando: Cursed Mountain, FF VI LLG
It will not be that easy. At all. Trust me, you will need a lot more than Notepad++ to translate this game. You need a good understanding of the game architecture, its compression algorithm, and be able to make your own programs to extract, translate and reinsert the text. It isn't an easy task.

If you are new to this world (hacking and translating games), I suggest you to start with any other game. The older the system, the better. PS2 (and even PSX) games are far too complex for you right now. NES, GameBoy and SNES are usually good choices, but "every game is a different world". Some SNES games can be extremely complex too (Tales of Phantasia, for example).

In romhacking.net you will find a lot of documents and tools that will help you. You can use their forum, too, to seek help. I wish you good luck.

NotaPublicado: 12 May 2014, 07:30 

Klint escribió:
It will not be that easy. At all. Trust me, you will need a lot more than Notepad++ to translate this game. You need a good understanding of the game architecture, its compression algorithm, and be able to make your own programs to extract, translate and reinsert the text. It isn't an easy task.

If you are new to this world (hacking and translating games), I suggest you to start with any other game. The older the system, the better. PS2 (and even PSX) games are far too complex for you right now. NES, GameBoy and SNES are usually good choices, but "every game is a different world". Some SNES games can be extremely complex too (Tales of Phantasia, for example).

In romhacking.net you will find a lot of documents and tools that will help you. You can use their forum, too, to seek help. I wish you good luck.

Thanks for your helping! You're kind! I think that game translated, maybe someone can help me! So, I must study from romhacking! :cry:

Nuevo tema Responder al tema  [ 4 mensajes ] 

Todos los horarios son UTC